Sunday, September 20, 2009

Annual Blog Entry : The World of the Soot Sprite Hive

Do my eyes deceive? It's been an entire year and so many days since I started this blog!
Wow, talk about procrastination!
I so absolutely wished to share the stuff I had been working on in hopes of finding others who shared an affinity for the mediums I use.

What mediums you ask? Well, all of my life I have been an illustrator and pretty much stayed within that area of expression. I love it and as many of you know, sometimes the drawings create themselves - borrowing your hand and pen to come into the world.

It's a thrill to just relax and go where you will with just a pen and a piece of paper. However, for the past year or so I have begun to explore the possibility of doing work similar to illustration but solely with foam, felt and construction paper! Sure, a little Photoshop magic comes in handy for effects-- but the 3d pieces have really turned me on to exploring this medium more seriously. Here are a few examples....


'Summer Plus Good" : construction paper piece



"Spring Garden" : construction paper piece


"Quite The Fix" : construction paper, photograph, sand and foam



"Fishy Fish Fish" : foam, photos, yarn, construction paper, helmet pads and paper fan

No comments: